Thermopanel Tile Backer boards are specifically designed for two primary purposes:-
- As a first class heat insulation for underfloor heating systems
- As a superior waterproof surface / construction board / to fix wall or floor tiles.
The dimensions of each board are 1250mm x 600mm (0.75m²).
- Tile backer boards are particularly suited to underfloor heating mats and under tile heating cable applications.
- Will accept even the heaviest wall tiles, unlike plasterboard.(correct installation method must be followed)
- Installation below underfloor heating systems on an existing un-insulated concrete or timber sub-floor will greatly reduce heat up time and running costs.
- Our Boards will reduce the warm up time of the heating and reduce your electricity bill.
- Excellent heat insulation with thermal conductivity value of 0.027 W/mK making them ideal for use as a thermal barrier with under floor heating
- Ideal for wetrooms
- Tilebacker boards are waterproof and dimensionally stable (unlike plywood)
- Excellent sound insulation: impact sound is greatly reduced
Use a floor trowel to comb flexible tile adhesive onto the floor, making sure to cover the whole area.
Lay the Thermopanel down onto the adhesive and push firmly to secure the Thermopanel to the adhesive.
Use Joint Tape to seal the joints.
Floorboards / Wood Base Floor:
You can use the method detailed above for concrete floors or:-
Screw the boards down utilising MSW36 steel washer and screws, every 300mm (15No. fixings per board)
Again, use Joint Tape to seal the joints.